Studies, Research Work and Discussions Directed towards Issues concerning Women and Children
Researching about relevant issues, and generating discussions and dialogues around them is a sine qua non for the growth of any organization. This thought is amply reflected in this programme.
Tie-ups of MSP with research institutions, reputed NG0s, universities and individual research scholars for studies and researches on topics like mapping of crime against women and children across the state for delineating high risk areas/hot spots and flagging the causes and measures for curbing them; sensing exercises across the cross sections of society regarding citizen’s perception of the security and dignity of women; sharing of other’s best practices in these areas as well as feedbacks and suggestions to the government on gender-related issues such as the report submitted regarding the classification of heinous offences against women as per the new directions of the Honourable Supreme Court, and the compensations to be provided according to the updated guidelines etc form the core of this programme.
- The impact analyses carried out during the NAVCHETNA sessions is one of the baseline documents generated under this segment.
- MSP also collaborated with Security and Crime Science at UCL, UK scholar for the document entitled “Sexual Victimization on Public Transport in Lucknow City” and also contributed relevant information for a UNICEF document entitled “Govt Schemes and Programmes for Women and Girls in Uttar Pradesh”.
- The Prakoshth also collects, collates, analyses and disseminates data related to crimes against women and children across the State.
- Under this program and as the nodal agency of the police, Mahila Samman Prakoshth also communicates regularly with districts regarding crimes against women and children and asks districts to conduct enquiries as well as submit reports which are then legally vetted by MSP and legal guidance given accordingly.
- The mentorship program of the interns is also covered under this vertical and interns from diverse institutions as the British Columbia University, Canada; Lucknow University; National Law University, Assam; Amity University etc have benefitted from our internship programmes.